Wednesday, August 12, 2009

the end.....and a new start:)

so yesterday i FINALLY purchased the scal software for my original cricut machine.
it is available here: www.craftedge.com
ask me if i slept at ALL? i was just chomping to try it out, but alas...it was late and i am SOOOO not a nitetime scrapper.
Earlier in the week i re-organized my stuff...and finally have downsized enough to fit my stuff on an expedit. i have yet to put my 12x12 pages into albums, so i decided to stack them into paper trays on top of my shelf unit.
as i looked thru the pages i found some that just were too painful to look at...not many, but enough to put me over the 100 page limit.
this is what i did:

ACK!! a full 2 page 12x12 spread. i had already pulled off the pictures. you can see some of my "style" elements: a little paper tearing, vellum journaling, visual triangle, bright colors.
there were 2 pictures on the first page, 3 on the second. THE WASTED space!!!, not to be confused with white space. that's totally different. off came the pics.
the scal software ROCKS MY WORLD! i immediately got out my old font cd's and uploaded them onto my mac. using the computer for actual scrapbooking has never been my style, even with cut out letters...no time, no patience to sit and cut little letters out when i could use stickers. plus i always journal by hand. this is the negative of my first title cut on the scal/baby bug combo. do you recognize the font? it is one of the 2peas, but i can't remember which one right now:) I DIE. i even did a little happy dance when it stopped cutting:) be still my beating heart.
here is the finished page. still using up the MAMBI scrapping kit. i used crushed curry SU cardstock and ink, unity dot background, embellishments from the same kit, plus i rescued the plastic daisy thingie on the top of the photo corner.
tombow glue is the best was to attach little letters. i put mine over the actual photos.
i also added a little dimension with pop-dots on the small pics. i am extremely happy with the results!
sooooooooo....the moral of the story is BUY the software. who needs cartridges:) WOOOOOOOOHOOOO!!!!
page 89-eleven to go!

2 comments:

twinkles11 said...

i hear ya Ari... looks GREAT!!! woohoo! eva

Carole N. said...

LOL! I am as happy as you are. I just started working with my Cricut and SCAL 2 this past weekend and I am in 7th heaven. I cut out all kinds of phrases and a hundred stars or so for my DIL who teaches so she can decorate her room. She was so happy and so am I.

I love your layouts and how you words added that extra something. So cute.

I just registered in the SCAL forum and saw your post so came to visit.

Happy Scrapping!