Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My new Mantra:)

"I believe that if, at the end of it all, according to our abilities, we have done something to make others a little happier, and something to make ourselves a little happier, that is about the best we can do. To make others less happy is a crime. To make ourselves unhappy is where all crime starts. We must try to contribute joy to the world. That is true no matter what our problems, our health, our circumstances. We must try. I didn't always know this, and am happy I lived long enough to find it out."

                                                               Roger Ebert excerpt from esquire magazine.


i couldn't have said it better:) and i also usually agree with him on movies too:)

2 comments:

Ritobear said...

I love this! I'm going to borrow it from you :)

Sharon said...

I don't usually agree with him on movies, but I sure do agree with what he says here. And I feel grateful that I lived long enough to learn it, too.