Friday, January 8, 2010

downsizing is hard:(

it's something i have to do for my mental health, but getting there is so HARD!
so far i have purged YEARS of thing i would have probably never used, used up a LOAD of stash and gone into digital.
i have freed up a LOT of space, but i am now at a crossroads.
we want to make our basement into a guest room, living space along with the kitchen project. we have decided not to move and stay where are, given the amount of space we can get for our budget...so i need to make permanent changes.
my main focus for all these years with my scrapbooking was to catch up and get my photos into pages and building a framework of books. the books took over:) so in an attempt to condense i decided to redo some old pages. i got quite a few done. but then it was like pedaling in water. i was getting nowhere and SUPERFAST! i became a bit of a hoarder, i'll admit to that.
so where does this leave me?
my 8.5x11 pages that i was so trying to condense need to be put into binders. no two ways about it.
12x12 are still in the air.
the few CM pages that i was redoing will get done soon.
i have weeded thru the embellishments and let go of i would say 80% of what i had. and it's ok.
the pattern paper and CS i am keeping because most of my pages are just that. i have also kept my diecut things because those are timeless.
i have kept my SU and papertrey inks because those are versatile supplies.
everything i have that is scrap related is in two underbed boxes and one 8 cube expedit that doubles as our tv shelf. i have a very small laptop cart that i use for scrapping that is next to my bed. it works for now:)
i do not miss the stuff, but i miss the possibilities i saw IN the stuff.
it is time to move on and change directions. totally time to do it!

No comments: